Monday, March 15, 2010
Best Friend Wins!
I am talking about the movie, "My Best Friend's Wedding". I don't know why I totally love the movie but totally hate the outcome. I love the soundtrack but the movie makes me very irritated and sad. I guess it evokes so many conflicting emotions from me that I watch it at least once a year. Ha! (I am a sucker for pain, I know.)
Anyway, my issue is that really, Julianne (Julia Roberts) should end up with Michael (Dermot Mulroney) and not Kim (Cameron Diaz). She has been the woman in his life and he has been the man in hers for 9 years! There is such a thing as prior claim! This movie never fails to make me laugh and then break my heart.
Anyway, I do agree with the moral of the story which is to just tell the people you love that you love them or the moment might just pass you by.
I wonder if there is a version with an alternate ending?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment