Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!



My mom turned 66 yesterday!  Happy Birthday Mommy! 

66 does not sound like a very special age to get to but considering that my mom had cancer back in 1997 when she was 52, 66 is a great number for all of us.

My favorite memories of mom:
  • Learning about Newton's laws when I was about 6 as a bedtime story - no wonder I turned up a geek. 
  • Listening to her sing - my mom is a GREAT singer and is something that I always pull out from my memory when I am needing my mommy close to me
  • Making cakes with her - she always made my birthday cakes and these look professionally made
  • Snuggling with her - she ALWAYS smelled so great - like she always has the knack of choosing the right perfume and making it her signature scent
  • Spending time with her - she stayed for a week in my Freshman High School dorm - and eventually taking care of a very sick me because I did not want to drink water so I drank Pepsi but the ice was contaminated.  Ugh.  She saw me through all these...
I have so much more memories of mom that I need to list but for now, happy birthday to the best mom in the world.  I love you mom, unay unay.

No comments: