Monday, August 2, 2010

Bawhstan You're My Home


Mackenzie and I went to Boston to visit my family during the 4th of July week. It was my first time flying since I moved to NC (GOSH!) and it was Mackenzie's first plane ride to boot!  I was really apprehensive since I was alone (I mean only adult), had heavy carry-on (think laptop, SLR camera, books, snacks) and a novice traveler (yay!) I was so relieved when Mackenzie said on the plane that she absolutely loves it.  We made it through the plane ride without any need for Benadryl.  Whew!

Here is Mackenzie glamming it up in the plane:
We went around town but mostly spent our time in Maine.  We fished, canoed, ate lobster, read books, danced silly, picked wild blueberries and generally just relaxed in my Aunt Mabel's house (this amidst me having to do work 3 out of my 10 day vacay).  It was surprisingly hot and humid but it made the lake even more inviting.  
Here is my girl just wanting me to stop taking pictures and focus on getting her something to cool her down.
Visiting Boston and the Northeast really makes me remember why I love it here so much and gets me thinking into moving back - until I hit traffic on 93 or can't get parking anywhere.  

One thing we missed was the great Boston 4th of July fireworks since we were in Maine (bummer!) but I promised my girl and my parents that I'll bring them there next time we're up. 
Since our trip Mackenzie has been saying she really wants to move back to Boston.  Oh no, another relocated Red Sox fan feeling the need to be back in Beantown!


2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so glad you had a great time. Sounds like fun. Jealous of the lobster...yum.

Sarah said...

ok, mackenzie looks TOO cute on the airplane with her glasses on!! i love it! glad yall had a good trip!